Monday, March 24, 2008

Hey - It Worked

We want our readers to know that we are not just a couple of gals going all over the place having more and more fun and reporting it, but ones who make it our business to educate when appropriate. Even if it's not appropriate, that won't stop us if we want to include it in the postings. Case in point, Fifi's latest home improvement task. Fifi got to work and laid some carpeting in her 55-yr.-old bathroom over the weekend. It's important when one buys carpeting to, next, install it. Too many people have unfinished project pieces laying around in bags and boxes, waiting for that far distant day to come when they are going to "get to it". Well, after de-cluttering her house just a yr. ago, Fifi decided not to become one of those persons again. To the right, for those of you who are even the least bit curious as to how I did it, well, I have shown you in slide show format. In text it goes like this: 1) buy carpet remnant 2) here's the bare tile floor, 3)assemble the right tools, 4) make a full floor template, 5) Take lots of breaks, stay hydrated, and smile 6) turn carpet and template over, 7) transfer template, 8) cut 9) install-done! Ta Da!

Oh, and I also learned how to put a slide show on our blog. Yea!

Looking forward to getting on the road again - you can see why.

10 comments:

Ed said...

Ouch! I don't know how to get a slide show on my blog and I've been blogging for about 3 years. Embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Fifi's accomplishment; however, I must hasten to say that she is merely being a little modest when she talks about her carpet installation talent. I know first-hand because she single-handed did mine. . . and my friends think I had it professionally installed. Just think, F. . . your resume' can now include "carpet installer" as one of your many skills. I'm still trying to figure out what I can do. What's the latest on your plans for the upcoming trip? Just curious!

Anonymous said...

Dear Piano Man,
The answer to your question was posted on yesterday's post comments. Au Revoir - Feef

Gemma said...

I'm so proud of my Feef/h.s bud/carpet layer! You go, girl! Can't wait to read about 'Bama. You are one fearless cookie!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you're one up. lol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a job well done! Your "new" bath room looks great. . . just like mine. Now, I need you down at the bay place because I definitely need carpet in my bath room there. . . and, you know me well enough to know that I CAN'T do it! I'm just not "turnt" that way. I did get lots done last week. . . painting, new sofa, new credenza, and some other "stuff". New carpet is desperately needed. . . woe is me! Everything went well and I can't wait to get back up there. There is a great place for parking a RV. . . if only I had one. 'til later, I'm out of here.

Anonymous said...

To Piano Man,
Does this mean that you are going to be at the Bay at the same time that Fifi is in Bama? I have a couple of things I have to get to Juanita somehow too. Maybe I can drop them off.

Anonymous said...

Alas. . I was not at the bay place while Fifi was in Bama. I got a lot done and that made the trip worth while. . . but, it would have been nice to have seen Fife and to have spent some time together. I am going back over there the last week of this month then again on May 23rd. What's the chance of meeting then?? I saw Juanita for about three seconds yesterday. . . just long enough to say "HI". I've got to check on her and the Duke. . .probably do that over the weekend. The Duke is always good for a nice glass (or two) of vino!

Anonymous said...

"Too many people have unfinished project pieces laying around in bags and boxes, waiting for that far distant day to come when they are going to "get to it". "

Hey, I resemble that remark! In fact, I believe I PROMPTED that remark after showing you my boxful of unfinished crewel work a couple weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Dogwalker!
Hi - you Did it! Yea! Glad you are on board.

Heh Heh - Actually, Fifi was talking about herself mostly, as she had such a box with a zillion unfinished things. But I know of two commenters, just off the top of my head, with things of that sort.

BTW - Fifi will be posting again very soon.