First - I must introduce our newest family member. As you know, Bubba lost his partner, Sissy, and was distraught. I was wondering if he would ever get back to some state of normalcy. Then, just when all looked grim and hopeless, I saw a notice in the paper of a bird show and sale. Yes - it was the same show at which I had found Bubba some years ago. I couldn't wait until Saturday. Saturday morning I took a cage with me (just in case) and went looking for a friend for Bubba. To make a long story short, I found Newbie. That's not his name forever, but until I can tell what he's truly like, I don't want to stick him with a name that doesn't fit. For almost a week after I brought him home, Bubba simply ignored him and stuck to Fifi like glue. It was very sad. Then one evening I went to cover both cages up for the night and, there sitting on the same perch in Bubba's cage, were both of them. Whew! That excitment was over. So now they are pretty much inseparable, though I have seen Bubba sneaking into the other cage to take a fiver from the rambunctious Newbie.
Second - An exciting milestone in the life of Fifi has passed, but will linger on in the way of $$$ forever - her social security birthday. Yippee! Most of us would rather not age, but if you have to, heck, you might as well get to 62, then slow on down and enjoy the rewards.
http://atasnailspace.blogspot.com - WHAT IS THIS? Read below
Third - Fifi is heading out on a solo trip to Dauphin Island, AL to go birdwatching and hang out. There should be much of that hanging out part because birding is best early morning and late afternoon to early evening. So this blog will continue when Juanita and Fifi have something to report, as tonight. My next blog (actually my first blog, but have not posted yet) is where I will be posting most of my journals. It is called "At A Snail's Pace" and can be found at: http://atasnailspace.blogspot.com/. So drop on by and see what's up with S Cargo. I have not lost hope that Juanita might be able to break away and hang out with me and the boys for a couple of days. Fingers crossed. Wouldn't that be great?
Slideshow of Spring flowering things in Memphis to the right.
I'm having a 'Name Newbie' contest. So far two names have been suggested: Tommy and Elvis. If you look at him real close and think you have just the right name for him, let me know. Your name might just be the name.
Ciao
2 comments:
It might be of some interest to Feef to know that Piano Man will be at the "Bay Place" starting on Wednesday evening, April 24th and will be there for a few days. S Cargo could certainly have a nice spot to rest while the rest of us went about the area searching for the most funnest things to do. Wouldn't that be a hoot? One of the spots we MUST hit is "Olive Drop", a really cool martini bar at Pensacola Beach. Al Martin plays keyboard and their drinks are "to die for". Sound good? It's Party Time!!!
I sure hope you can convince J-nita to join you for at least a little while!
Congrats on your little Newbie. He looks sweet. As for a suggestion for his name--- bear with me, it may get a tad complicated.
Several years ago, we had a stray Border Collie ( whole other story) that we named Duke E. Dog (and called him Dukey, of course). So I was thinking that your bird should be named: (your choice) E. Bird. Like Happ E. Bird, Chirpp E. Bird, Sweet E. Bird. Well, you get the idea.
Looking forward to your new adventure!
Post a Comment