Now to the nitty gritty of keeping an RV rig road ready. On our trip in Florida, Nita and I realized that we could have used a couple of tools. Duh! When our water line connection was a bit bent, we couldn't even get the city water (rv term) hooked up. So Fifi went out and started a collection of must-have tools for the road: vice grips, pipe wrench, pliers and screw drivers. (pictured below)
Now Fifi, not being mechanically inclined, probably needs other tools, but is at a loss to figure out which ones. If our readers have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let her know. After all, "A stitch in time, saves nine".
Next, Fifi, again thinking ahead, has purchased several other necessities/nice to haves to keep on hand in S Cargo. First and foremost is duct tape. Is there not one of us who doesn't know that a life without duct tape is a life without, well, duct tape? Heck, cargo planes are held together inside with it. I've seen it. I flew on one, hoping that duct tape would live up to it's reputation of holding just about anything together. In fact, Alaska is the duct tape capital of the universe - see
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/wasilla/index.html
I must warn you - this site can lead to hours of mindless, albeit, fun; following one url after another, searching for more, more, more information about duck tape. (Somebody stop me!)
Masking tape comes next. Though not so versatile, it comes in handy for any number of reasons, usually temporary in nature.



The other items are pretty much self-explanatory. Feel free to ask if you don't know for what the item is used.
That about wraps it up (no pun intended) for this post. Though not so interesting as others, it is informative, as usual. (read about Alaska)
Until next time,
Tautugniagmigikpiñ
Fifi
11 comments:
You don't got no hammer.
First of all, there are a couple of rules that never change. Rule one: If it doesn't move but is supposed to, use WD-40. Rule Two: If it moves but doesn't supposed to, use duct tape. That pretty much brings things to the bottom line. Now about the tools. . . you might need a 12 foot tape measurer, a Phillips screw driver, a stilson wrench, a rat tail file, a half dozen hose clamps, a collection of various sizes of cup hooks, large, medium and small crescent wrenches, a set of box-end wrenches as well as open end wrenches, a ratchet set, extra lug wrench, spark plug wrench, magnet with extension handle, various sizes of allen wrenches, and, last but not least, a ball pien hammer. . . because, remember, if something doesn't fit it means you need a larger hammer. I hope this helps. Oh. . .and, don't forget a little ball of string and some bailing wire. You never know! Bon Voyage!
Glad to see you back on the blog. Yep, that was very informative, as usual. And, I think the "pun" was intended--very clever. :)
What does Tautugwhatever stand for? I stink at cryptograms.
Piano Man - whew! Fifi is overwhelmed, not only by your knowledge of tools, but also your quick wit. Fifi has to think about the basic tools, and perhaps taking a "How to Maintain Your RV" course. Also, it's not nice to make Fifi laugh so hard so early in the morning. It makes her face hurt!
Gemma - The word is Fifi's way of trying to keep the blog posts interesting. If you were to Goggle it, it is Alaskan Inuit for 'Good Bye'. Ciao for now, friend Izzy.
Fifi
I see fifi has learned how to delete comments too.
Are there actually different colors of duct tape? If so, why does only the grey show in the Alaskan display? I'd like to create some high fashion designer clothes also, but I need the colored duct tape first. Must I go all the way to Wasilla, or will any old Wal-Mart do?
Sigh-George, ask Condie to show you how to get to the information about colors. She'll be glad to tell you what an icon is and to show you how to click on the icon that says "Take me back to the refrigerator". U and Dick will have hours of fun looking at the pictures.
Thanks, Fifi! All I knew was that a Tautog is a fish. (Learned that from fisherman son, Drew) I will check out the Alaska website. p.s. I think Piano man got just a "teensy" carried away. :) Once you have duct tape and a wrench or two (and a hammer), you are good to go! Luv ya.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some of Piano Man's piano playing online for our millions of readers to enjoy? Is this possible?
Dear Piano Man,
Maybe you could get your granddaughter, Computer Whiz, to help us figure out how to put your music on our blog. Then we would have you along with us wherever we go. Unless you want to, literally, go along with us wherever we go. Boy, wouldn't that be fun.
While I like the idea of having music on the blog, I like even better the idea of tagging along on the next trip. Actually, I don't take up much room, I'm handy around the camp-site (except for measuring "stuff") and I don't eat much. . .AND, I'm a really good driver. I would like to take off for parts unknown and would enjoy just being there, whereever
"there" is. In the meantime, I'll check with granddaughter to see if she knows how to add the piano music to the blog. That might be kinda cool!
Post a Comment