Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Santa Rosa Beach to G'ville

It's Tues. the 12th. We are back from this phase of our journey. It was a beautiful drive along the Gulf Coast. Our last campground was fine, but nothing spectacular. Had it been warmer, we might have opted to take the tram to the beach. Instead we opted to head for home (G'ville). Along the way, we stopped in Apalachicola for lunch. It was a scrumptious combo of scallops, clam strips, grouper, oysters, stuffed crab and shrimp. Additional items included cole slaw, hush puppies, garden salad and iced tea. We highly recommend this off-the-main-drag restaurant. http://papajoesoysterbar.com/
Also in Apalachicola at 88 Main Street, don't miss stopping at Chez Funk, where Fifi had previously posed for the portrait of herself and any friend of hers with blonde -to-red hair, titled "Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler" (see the "About Us" portrait at the beginning of the blog).

Nothing is perfect. As we were about 200 miles from G'ville, it started to rain, the first rain we experienced in 3 weeks of vacationing. It rained harder as we approached town, but S Cargo brought us to our destination safely. Stay tuned for the next episode.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got that Buster all figured out now (thinking about him and the SCargo episode a few weeks back as well as his usual nocturnal bedroom habits). Being a Jack Russel terror (spelling done on purpose), he is bred to scrounge around in the ground and in tunnels hunting and killing rodents. He is so loyal to J'ita and the Duke that he was determined to get in SCargo, sit on guard, and rid the bed blankets of any potential varnmints for his masters. Hence, why he will growl and bite anything that moves under the covers. By removing him from SCargo, you were preventing him from fulfilling his duties to keep his master's quarters critter-free.

Gemma said...

Your seafood lunch sounded amazing---I'm a big seafood fan, except for calamari and oysters. However, my mouth is still watering when I think of the dinner that the Duke cooked. Maybe some day....

So sad that your journey is coming to an end. I definitely want to sign on for the next one!

Anonymous said...

I bin sitting here in my cave reading your blogs and have really enjoyed them. Please do not stop. Keep writing about your life in good old USA.

Anonymous said...

I've been instructed to comment. I read every blog entry and really enjoyed it. Your entries are very entertaining and I am so happy that Juanita was able to get away and really enjoy traveling and hanging out with an old friend. Here's to a great trip. Do it again next year in California!