Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 1 - G'Ville to Key Largo

After arriving here on Key Largo yesterday (Sat) afternoon, and finding our RV spot, we headed out to a restaurant recommended by Fifi's cousin, Cathy. So many fish - so little time. The restaurant: Conch House @ MM 100.2 Fifi and Juanita shared conch fritters, while Fifi insisted on a celebratory glass of wine. Dinners included crab cake and shrimp salad with hot rolls; lobster bisque and crab cakes. Desert was a generous slice of Key Lime Pie. Fifi agreed with Cathy that the pie was extremely yummy. Exhausted from our long drive, we conked out early and slept late. The overnight temp was perfect for sleeping, and along with the gentle humming of the overhead fans, all outside sounds were blocked out.

4 comments:

Gemma said...

eeeewwww! Conch fritters? I saw alot of them in the Caribbean; never had the nerve to try one.

I am soooo happy that you are there! 'nita says you need a bigger RV so all of us can go next time.haha. Send pictures if you can.

How long are you going to be gone?Thanks for staying in touch!
Love,
Sue

Gemma said...

Fifi??? Explain, please!!!

Anonymous said...

You said you conked out, didn't you mean conched out? Next stop, Key West. I am picturing the bridges, blue green water and Kelly's Beach House, where Fifi can have a frozen mango dacquiri and Juanita can enjoy the veiw.

Fin said...

Excellent idea! As a matter of fact, I did the very same thing my first day in the keys (Key Largo) last March. I stopped and had conch fritters! Don't forget to try the conch chowder too.

Love the sunsets. best time of the day in the keys. Take pictures because they are still serene to admire long after your trip is over.